You can control the Rockspace mesh Wi-Fi system remotely using the app after setting it up. You can do this with or without connecting with the mesh system’s network. You must create an RS Wi-Fi account to remotely access your mesh Wi-Fi system.
- Tap Profile in the upper-right corner of the RS wi-fi app to open it. Click Login. Furthermore, click on Register in the upper-right corner. Press Register after entering a password and a valid email address.
- An activation link and a confirmation email will be sent to your email address. To activate your account within 24 hours, please click the link.
- You can sign in with the email address and password you just set after activating your account. Additionally, you can control your Rockspace mesh Wi-Fi system from a distance even if you are not connected to its network.
What’s the number of Rockspace nodes you can add to your mesh system?
The design, size, and Wi-Fi congestion of your home decide the number of ROCK or Rockspace Wi-Fi nodes you require. There are three nodes included in a ROCK or Rockspace Mesh Wi-Fi System set. It covers up to 6,000 square feet, so most families should be able to use it. You can add more nodes if you have a large house and want to cover more areas.
Most number of mesh nodes:
The greatest number of ROCK or Rockspace Wi-Fi nodes is 9, yet we suggest 6 mesh nodes in a single network. Keep in mind that a mesh network with more nodes does not always mean a stronger signal or greater coverage. On the other hand, it might slow down your Wi-Fi.
How can more mesh nodes be added?
If this is your first time configuring the ROCK or Rockspace Mesh Wi-Fi System, set up the primary node first. After plugging them in, the other two nodes in the same set can be automatically added to the network. Scan the QR code on the mesh unit’s bottom if you want more nodes to be added to this network. Use the ROCK Wi-Fi or RS Wi-Fi apps to accomplish this.
How to connect devices to Rockspace wi-fi mesh system with a 2.5GHz network?
By default, the Rockspace Mesh Wi-Fi System only displays the 5 GHz bands. Follow the steps below to connect your devices to the 2.4 GHz band.
- First, launch the RS Wi-Fi app. Select Enable from Smart Assistant by tapping Settings. In the following 30 minutes, the 2.4 GHz band will be enabled. This will allow you to configure your 2.4 GHz-supported devices.
- The connection would automatically end after a half-hour and return to the 5 GHz bands. However, the 2.4 GHz band will still be accessible to your 2.4 GHz devices.
What exactly is the Rockspace tri-band mesh system?
A Wi-Fi system that makes use of three distinct wireless radio bands is known as a tri-band mesh Wi-Fi system or tri-band router. We are all aware that dual-band Wi-Fi routers make use of a single 5 GHz band and a single 2.4 GHz band. One 2.4 GHz band and two 5 GHz bands are created by adding a second 5 GHz band to tri-band routers.
The channels used by the two 5 GHz bands are independent and do not interfere with one another. The other channel is for a specific backhaul, and only one of the channels is for customers. Because the backhaul node communicates with the primary node, Wi-Fi performance can be improved.
The advantages of the tri-band mesh Wi-Fi system:
- Extensive coverage: A tri-band mesh network can cover a larger area by using three distinct frequency bands. This can be accomplished without causing traffic congestion or delays.
- Enhanced performance: The network can offer connections to devices that are both faster and more dependable. Thanks to the dedicated band for communication between the satellite units and the mesh router.
- Support for additional devices: More devices can be supported by tri-band mesh networks without affecting performance. They are therefore ideal for large offices or homes with numerous connected devices.
- Flexibility: By adding additional satellite units to improve performance or coverage, tri-band mesh networks can be easily expanded.
- Simplified management and setup: Most tri-band network networks are not difficult to set up and make do with. This includes applications that are simple to use and make it easy to control and monitor the network.